Pages

Rock-climbing in Stockholm: Münchenbryggeriet

Date: 28th August, 2015

On the way to Climbing area
All set for climbing. And yes, helmet is must !!
I had moved recently to Stockholm for my studies and I was looking for an adventure group to engage myself with. After doing a little search on the internet, I found the details of a climber who organizes outdoor climbing events in Stockholm. An event was fixed and I decided to join him, with two other climbers. I had a harness, helmet, climbing shoes (the blue La Sportiva, which I was going to use for the first time), a few carabiners and a sling. Angie had the ropes with him and the QD's which we used to open the routes.

Here, these kind of events are called 'After-work events', where you would hang around after work, instead of heading straight home.

Map of the location
The huge brown building across the water-body is the
Stockholm City Hall
where the Nobel Prize ceremony takes place
Click here to get the location of the crag. I took the metro from Kista to Zinkensdamm. Münchenbryggeriet can be reached by taking a small 5min walk and you can find the climbing area on Münchensbacken. You can get a nice view of the Stockholm city hall, and is supposedly a best place to hang around, just to have a glimpse of the Sunset. I couldn't help notice this one weird thing i.e. to have the climbing area just beside the main road.

Without Climbers
With Climbers
This was my first climbing event in Stockholm since my arrival here. I hope I am able to continue this here ! I have promised Angie that I will accompany him for his future events too. Stay tuned for more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our most recent adventure...

Chanderi fort trekking

Date: January 2021 Trek type: Jungle fortress, 714 m Difficulty: Walking on moderate to difficult terrain (no rock-climbing) Availability of...